Pizza Sauce, basic italian sauce used while making pizzas!
Recipe link :
Tarla Dalal App:
Tarla Dalal Blogspot:
Pizza sauce is so easy easy to make using fresh tomatoes and few other ingredients. Just spread over a pizza base and top with cheese and vegetables to make a delicious pizza.
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 11 minutes. Makes: 1 cup.
6 large tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
½ cup finely chopped onions
½ tsp oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp sugar
1. Make criss cross slits on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
2. Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium lame for a few seconds.
4. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Store in an air- tight container and use as required.