Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
It looks like a bread roll, but when you bite into it, it turns out to be a pizza! Can there be anything more awesome than this?
The Pizza Bomb is a unique snack that appeals to both the sandwichlovers and the pizza fans.
It is not as simple as rolling the pizza toppings into a slice of bread. Rather, the bread dough itself is layered with readymade pizza sauce, bell peppers, jalapeno and cheese before being baked. Perfectly golden brown, crisp outside and gooey inside, the Pizza Bombs are a class apart.
They look and smell irresistible. When you are in a hurry, you can make this with readymade pizza crust, but the process we have used gives you a richer texture and taste.
If you love cheese, feel free to sprinkle some on top to enhance the appeal of this irresistible snack.
Resting time: 45 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: Nil. Makes 8 pizza bombs.
Baking Time: 28 to 30 minutes.
Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F).
For the Pizza Bombs dough
2 cups plain flour (maida)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dry yeast
1 tbsp soft butter
Salt to taste
For the Pizza Bombs stuffing
1 cup finely chopped colored capsicum
2 tbsp chopped jalapenos
2 tbsp pizza sauce
2 tbsp thickly grated mozzarella cheese
1½ tsp melted butter for brushing
Plain flour (maida) for rolling
Making Pizza Bombs dough
1. Combine the sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl
and mix well.
2. Add the dry yeast and stir gently. Cover it with a lid and keep
aside for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the plain flour, butter, salt and yeast-sugar mixture in a
deep bowl, mix well and knead it into a soft dough using approx.
½ cup of warm water.
4. Cover the dough with a lid or a damp muslin cloth and keep
aside for 20 minutes.
Making Pizza Bombs stuffing
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
How to make Pizza Bombs
1. Knead the dough again to deflate it and remove the excess air.
2. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
3. Shape a portion of the dough into a ball and roll it into a 100
mm. (4”) diameter circle using little plain flour for rolling.
4. Place a portion of the stuffing in the center.
5. Bring all the sides together and seal it tightly. Remove the extra
dough and roll it in between your palms into a ball.
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 to shape 7 more pizza bombs.
7. Arrange them in a greased baking tray, cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 20 minutes.
8. Remove the muslin cloth and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 18 to 20 minutes.
Serve hot brushed with melted butter.