Learn how to make flavorful sweet rice called Meethe Chawal. This is a popular Punjabi rice dish. You can add dallops of Ghee on it to make it even more tasty.
This is my entry for Jamie and Uncle Ben’s search for a foodtube star.
Ingredients ( Served 1-2)
1/2 cup rice
1 cup full cream milk
2 tbsp ghee/melted butter
15 strands of saffron
2 green cardamom
1 black cardamom
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1/3 cup dry fruit of your choice (Raisins, almonds, cashews etc)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1. Soak rice in water for 20 mins.
2. Dissolve saffron in 2 tbsp of milk
3. Toast your dry fruit (not raisins)
4. Heat a heavy bottom pan and add ghee in it.
5. Add your spices. Fry for 2 mins.
6. Add Rice. Mix well. Add sugar and saffron infused milk.
7. Add Milk and cook until milk dries up and rice are cooked.
8. Add in toasted dry fruit and raisins.
9. Mix well and serve :)
For more delicious recipes, please subscribe to: