MANGO FETTUCCINE TANTAN PASTA with MANGO SOMTAM RECIPE by MWAH FOOD LAB
My inner Italian, Thai, Chinese and Korean came out. Making this recipe was so much fun, I hope you did too!
This recipe is to our taste, so you can tweak it to your liking. Make the sauce first, taste it, add more to your taste. But please make sure that you mix it with the pasta and taste it, as the taste changes when you eat it with the fettuccine.
When you get the balance right, you will never look back!
So tweak away~~ this is just a guide, we love to hear how you tweaked the recipe, comment below!!
1. Peel Green Mango and Carrot
2. Julienne Green Mango, Carrot, Banana Pepper and Yellow Capsicum.
3. Thinly slice Onions. Soak Onions in water with a splash of apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar) to make it milder (do this step only if they make you cry)
4. Roughly chop coriander
5. Cut cherry tomatoes
6. Thinly slice Green onions
7. Mince garlic (fresh is best)
8. Blend 1/4 Mango (depending on the size) with 5 tablespoons of water (just enough to blend the mango)
9. Chop green beans into finger length, Pour hot water on green beans and leave for 5 mins.
10. Sauce; Depending on the sourness, squeeze 1-2 lime, add 1/4 of mango syrup, 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar and splash of fish sauce.
11. Smash the Thai chilli with the side of the knife (to get the juices out) and chop. (Make sure you are wearing gloves, as they are very HOT!! You can leave the chillies out if you can’t handle the heat, otherwise, add a 1/4. Mix, taste, if you need more heat, add more chilli and go from there).
12. Pour sauce, add all the ingredients then mix the salad away~
MANGO FETTUCCINE TANTAN PASTA RECIPE
Dried Baby anchovies (optional)
Grape Seed Oil
Sweet Bean Sauce (Doubanjiang)
1. Place water in pot, add 2 tablespoon of salt. Boil
2. Roughly chop Coriander.
3. Thinly slice Green Onions
4. On a dry pan, add dried baby anchovies and toast it (this is to make the fishy smell go away).
5. Heat grape-seed oil on pan (make sure it is not boiling/steaming hot)
6. 2 Tablespoon of gochugaru (chilli powder/chilli flakes) into a bowl, add baby anchovies, pour hot oil (not bubbling hot; it will burn the chilli). Be careful not to burn yourself it is hot!
7. Blend 1/4 Mango (depending on the size of your mango) with 5 tablespoons of water (just enough to blend the mango)
8. Make the sauce; 1 teaspoon peanut butter, 1/2 teaspoon tahini (add more peanut butter and tahini, if you want it nuttier), 1/4 teaspoon of sweet bean sauce (Doubanjiang), 1/2 clove of garlic (this also depends on the size of the clove); mince. 2 Tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1/2 cup mango syrup, 1/4 cup chilli oil, squeeze 1/2-1 lime (depending on sourness).
9. Boil fettuccine for 6 minutes (al Dante, or to your liking), put into bowl using tongs; this would add some of the pasta water onto the bowl. (DO NOT rinse the pasta)
10. Pour sauce onto the fettuccine, add coriander and green onion and mix
What goes in your mouth, is what makes your body.
but don’t Overload it.
After all we only live once, and our body is all we have.
Food = Mind, Body and Soul.
We had so much fun making the video! Hope you guys enjoy watching it too and please continue to follow our Mwah Food Lab Journey.
We all have that comfort food memory of our childhood/adulthood right? What is yours? let us know, and one day, we may recreate that memory for you. Who knows? It might be something similar to your experience. It will be great fun recreating it.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and hit the LIKE button – it will make us excited, which means you will see more of us and our videos!! So, subscribe and like away~~!!!!
Mwah Food Lab website: