Manchow Soup,famous Chinese soup!! (English Video)
Recipe link :
Tarla Dalal App:
Tarla Dalal Blogspot:
Manchow soup is a very popular street food in china, and you’ll find push carts selling off this soup customized to individual taste. The hawker will throw in the ingredients you ask for to make it suitable to your palate. Plenty of finely chopped veggies are simmered in a broth which contains generous helpings of ginger, garlic and mint. All these flavors make this soup very refreshing-which is why it is a popular soup on the streets of china. The aromas of ginger, mint and garlic truly awaken your senses. Delicious!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Makes 4 servings
For The Vegetable Stock
1/2 cup roughly chopped cabbage
1/2 cup roughly chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp chopped spring onions
3 to 4 cauliflower florets
For The Soup
4 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped cabbage
2 tbsp finely chopped cauliflower
2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp finely chopped carrots
2 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup water
salt to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp black peppercorns (kalimirch) powder
For The Topping
For the vegetable stock
1. Heat 6 cups of water in a kadhai, add all the vegetables and boil on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow the vegetables to settle at the bottom of the vessel and pour out the stock. Discard the vegetables and keep aside.
For the soup
1. Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, carrots and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, mint leaves and coriander, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
5. Add the vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the salt, soya sauce, mix well and cook on a high flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
8. Add the pepper powder and mix well.
9. Serve immediately topped with fried noodles.