Hi guys! My first video on my second channel and it’s for a competition to be a part of the FoodTube channel, which I myself came up with the recipe for.
If you want to cook it yourself;
Bsamati Rice – 200g
Chicken breast – 3
Smoked bacon – 2 slices
Garlic cloves – 4
Ginger – roughly 3cm³
Fresh pineapple chunks (bitesize) – 100g
Pepper – Half red & half yellow
Chicken Stock – 700ml (one knorr stock)
1. Make 700ml of chicken stock, and pour 600ml (After filming, I realised 600 is a more suitable amount) over 200g of basmati rice in your saucepan. Bring that to the boil, then leave it to simmer covered for 15 minutes roughly, until the rice has absorbed all the stock.
2. With your chicken breast, cut them into samed sized chunks about 2pence size and your bacon, into roughly bits as well.
3. Chop the garlic and ginger finely, then put oil in the pan and turn on the heat.
4. Chop the peppers in half and put half back away, you’ll only need half of each colour. Chop them into pieces just less than an inch long.
5. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and fry that for 1-2 minutes to unlock the gorgeous smells.
6. Now add the peppers, chicken and bacon and stir fry it until the chicken is cooked all the way through and lightly browned. About 10 minutes.
7. Pour what’s left of your chicken stock (100ml) over the chicken in the pan and bring it to the boil, moving it about to avoid any sticking on the bottom. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and add the chunks of pineapple to add a touch of sweetness.
8. Add the rice and mix well.
9. This dish is complete but for those of you who like an extra kick, you can add a tablespoon of peri peri sauce!