How to make grilled pizza. Visit www.summerkitchen.tv to experience a new video cookbook with delicious summertime recipes, perfect for your picnic basket or backyard BBQ table.
store bought dough
2 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
8 oz of fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
12 fresh basil leaves, chiffanade
2 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring the dough to room temperature.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Place a pizza stone on the grill and close.
3. Dust a pizza peel and the pizza dough with corn meal and dust your hands and dough with flour. Work the dough into desired pizza shape.
4. Give the pizza peel a shake before adding toppings to the pizza to make sure the dough hasn’t stuck to the peel.
5. To the dough, add the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil, and season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Grill the pizza on the stone, undisturbed, for 4 minutes and then check the bottom and grill for about 4 minutes longer.
7. Before you serve, top with more fresh basil, salt and olive oil.