Crispy sage and creamy cashew-pumpkin pasta, with the extra large noodles (which my daughter loves, as she can put them on her fingers, and turn herself into a pasta-hand-monster…). This was my favourite pasta to date. I swear.
1 2cm wedge of a large pumpkin, skin on
1/2 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 mins
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup vegan stock
Small handful fresh sage leave
Good few punches of nutmeg
1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Roughly cut up pumpkin into cubes, and wedge the onion. Place both, and the peeled garlic cloves, on a baking tray (with olive oil, or on a non stick mat) and bake for 20-25 mins, or until soft and delicious.
3. Meanwhile, pantry sage leaves in olive oil until crisp, then set aside.
4. Add cooked vegetables and sage to a bowl. Drain cashews, and add to the bowl, along with remaining ingredients. Use a stick blender to combine, until almost smooth.
4. Cook your pasta as per packet instructions. While it’s on the boil, add sauce to a saucepan and heat over a medium flame, whisking through out. This will allow the sauce to thicken (and whisking will stop any clumps forming). Serve while hot with sautéed greens and extra sage, or whatever you fancy!❤️