A vegetarian delight, Chapar Ghonto is a mishmash of fresh vegetables enriched with lentils patties to try this Durga Puja. An assortment of spices is perfectly blended with vegetables and cooked in quintessential Emami Healthy & Tasty Kachchi Ghani Mustard Oil which is rich in vitamins A, D & E. Go ahead and try this mouthwatering Bengali dish and pair it with steamed rice.
SUBSCRIBE to our Channel –
Follow Us on Social Media :-
Love our recipes? Hit ‚LIKE’ and show us your support! :)
Post your comments below and share our videos with your friends. Spread the love! :)
Download our App –
1 cup Potatoes peeled and cubed
1 cup Pumpkin cubed
½ cup Eggplant
1 cup Ridged gourd cubed
½ cup seem broad beans
1 cup Matar dal or split yellow peas: soaked for 3 hrs
1 tbs Ginger grated
2 tbs Black mustard paste
2 tbs Poppy seed paste
½ cup grated Coconut to garnish
2 Bay leaves
2-3 Dry red chilies
1 tsp Paanch foron or bengali five spice mix
2-3 Green chilies
1 tsp Turmeric powder
½ cup Emami Healthy & Tasty Kachchi Ghani Mustard Oil
¼ cup coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt & Sugar to taste
– Prepare lentil paste with a little turmeric powder, green chilies, ginger, and salt.
– Heat 2-3 tablespoons of mustard oil, and fry tablespoons of lentil paste and shallow fry. These are the ‚Chapor’. Keep aside
– Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add paanch foron , dry red chilies, bay leaves. As the spices release, nice aroma add the vegetables, with a little salt and turmeric powder, cover and cook. After 10 min adds other vegetables and rest of the grated ginger cover and cook it till the vegetables are done.
– Add mustard-poppy seed paste mix well. Break the chapor or the lentil patties and green chilies.
– Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot with steamed rice.